2014 has been an amazing year for me and I thought it would be nice to write down some of the incredible stuff that has happened. First and foremost: Thank you all for following me, reading my randomness and supporting me through whatever I’m going through. It’s is much appreciated and I’m very grateful for having so many incredible people in my life!
I dipped a toe in the amazing world that’s called creativity. I started drawing again, writing a bit and just picked up a guitar to start and play… I plan to soak into that world a lot more in 2015, but 2014 was the start of something great. The project I started about drawing a picture a day didn’t pan out the way I wanted too, but I know now what a more realistic goal is. I love to draw and colour I really do, but not if it’s going to turn out to be an obligation to myself or others. I think the way I adjusted my goals of the project is a lot more realistic and that’s what I’m going to stick with 🙂 On that note, there are three pictures of drawings I haven’t shared yet, so here are numbers 28, 29 and 30/365:
Mission in life
I’ve found what my purpose in life will be: helping people (understanding them, you now my business 😛 For everyone who understands that reference ;)). I love it when people come to me for either help or just to let go of things they’re bothered with. I’ve heard a lot of things, good and bad, from people I care about and I feel very fortunate that they chose me to tell these things too. I will always be grateful for people trusting me enough to share these extremely personal things with and knowing it’ll never be shared with anyone else.
The following statement I came across with online and thought: “This is it, this is the person I want to be”:
How I’ll get there, I don’t know, but I know I made a good start last year.
I decided to set a different course in my life, with the person who I was and the person I am and want to be. I made a few changes and the biggest one was that I decided to change for myself, not because other people expected it, not because I wanted others to like me, no I changed for me. Just for me, cause it’s my life and I’m supposed to live it. It took some work, but now I change the way I feel, I can and shift my thoughts to something I like, I am more at peace with myself and I’m grateful a lot. Wether it’s the sun that’s up, a song that I listen to, the bus that runs on time, a “Hello” from or to a stranger, having deep conversations with a friend, good food, my ability to walk/ bike wherever I want to go and so on. There’s so much to be grateful for and not just on the outside, there’s plenty of who I am to be grateful for and that’s also what I learned, if I can’t be grateful for the things that I am than I will never be satisfied by the things surrounding me, I own or will have.
There’s a few traits of myself that I (finally) accepted, traits that I used to think where a hassle:
– My awareness to my surroundings. I used to get annoyed hearing and noticing everything. Now I see it as a talent. I know when people are bothered. I don’t get frustrated hearing every single sound anymore. I’m an observer and I like that. I know what’s going on and this trait is one that I want to develop more in 2015.
– Having an overactive analysing mind. I am very good at analysing, especially myself 🙂 I know where things are coming from, I know why I act in certain circumstances. Not that I like every reaction to circumstances, but I know where they’re coming from and I am finally able to a) accept them, or b) change my reactions the next time it occurs.
Alongside the acceptance of certain traits I worked on myself on different occasions during 2014:
– Took an acting class, which you all could read about 🙂 Didn’t turn out the way I planned, but I’m glad I did take that course. It was an eye opener non-the-less.
– Resolved some unresolved issues, with some help
– Read so much about manifesting your dreams, the law of the universe/ attraction, how the mind and body are connected and how everything in the world/ universe is pure energy. This subject is so damn interesting it still boggles my mind. I keep reading about it and there’s so much information about the mind, but on the other hand there’s oh so little we know.
– The last couple of days I started a Transcendental Meditation course, which was great. I learned a new technique of meditating and I’m going to stick with it. Clearing out the cobwebs so I will be able to see more of the magic and beauty of this life. There will be a post soon about this type of meditation, it’s really interesting, new and makes sense. I just have to wrap my head around it a bit more before I can write a clear statement about all this 😉
– I also wrote down some of my experiences I had the last year. I didn’t write as much as I wanted, so hopefully next year I will write more. I had a blogging workshop that taught me a long blog with pictures would help a lot, so I’m trying that. That’s something new, cause I used to think that just writing what’s on my mind would be enough. Now I see the other side as well. If there’s too much text, without pictures or paragraphs, people get bored. So I’m sorry if I’ve bored you in the past, I’ll try to do better in 2015 😀
I like this quote and I think it’s important. Find something you’re interested in and keep looking for information about that subject. The moment you keep looking there’s other things that will interest you and so you keep education yourself and that’s when life, at least for me, offers so much. Knowledge is power is something people say. I don’t need nor want power over people I just want to understand. I’m a curious person and I need to understand why things are the way they are or why certain rules apply, and with that kind of information I keep myself satisfied.
Friends and family
I accepted the fact that heck yeah I’m a fangirl. Not a fangirl really, I got soaked into this amazing Supernatural Family (a.k.a. the SPNFamily), met amazing people whom I’ve formed deep and forever bonds with. So thank you Jared for this one:
In 2014 I also reconnected with some old friends and deepened the bond that I had with others. The people who I call family know who they are and this quote is for you:
So thank you for reading these (random) pieces of my life, I really do appreciate each and every one of you. Thank you for sticking with me.
I wish you all an amazing last day of 2014 and the perfect start of 2015. I know I’ll have an adventurous and brilliant year in 2015, and I hope you do.
As always: if you need anything or just an ear to listen too, you know where and how to find me 🙂
– Ils –